Your happiness has no boundaries after you have got home your favorite REMOVU K1. The quick start guide will give you an insight on how to unbox and use the camera, which is quite good to start off.
But, to completely utilize the REMOVU K1, you will have to understand the REMOVU K1 advanced settings and operate the camera accordingly. The following REMOVU K1 review will help you know the product well in advance and make your shoot sessions smooth and interesting.
Now that you have got hold of your new REMOVU K1, the next logical step would be to unbox it. The box comes with the K1 and a few accessories like the micro USB cable for charging and a pouch. You will have to purchase the extra accessories from the market like the docking station, lens protection cover, and lens cleaner, external microphone, wrist strap and a full microphone wind screen. The K1 weighs only 360 gm, which is less than a pound.
Introduction to the REMOVU K1 Review
The REMOVU K1 is a nice little gimbal/camera that comes with a 3-axis gimbal and an LCD screen. Firstly, remove the camera from the box. You will be surprised how sleek and light the REMOVU K1 is. The portability and convenience it offers to its users are some of the game changing features of the K1. The camera can be locked by a button that is set just right below the gimbal or can also lock the camera by turning the camera anti-clockwise. When you hear the clicking sound, you will know that the camera is locked. To unlock, you can turn the camera clockwise. The trigger in the front allows you to switch to different modes. The power button on the side should be held for a second to turn on the screen.
Just behind you will notice an LCD screen, a shutter button, a record button, menu button and a joystick. When you look to the right side of the REMOVU K1 gimbal, you will find a 3.5mm microphone input and a slot for the micro SD card. At the bottom of the handle is where the interchangeable smart battery is located. Hold and press the buttons at the bottom and pull to take out the battery. At the bottom of the battery there is a button, which when pressed will show you how much power is left in the battery. This is a great feature, which ensures you are not left without enough power while traveling. The power left in the battery can be seen on the handle without taking out the battery by just pressing the button below.
How to Charge?
Take the micro USB cable and connect it to the micro USB slot at the bottom of the camera and you are ready. The other simple way to charge is by using the docking station. Connect the micro USB cable to the bottom of the docking station and the K1 is ready to charge.
Setting the Camera and the REMOVU K1 Advanced Settings
When you first turn on the camera, it automatically switches to the pan mode, but if you want to switch the mode, then press the trigger button at the front once it will show you the modes on the screen. This will change from follow to pan modes. When you press the trigger once, it will go back to the pan mode and with the help of the joystick behind, you can move the camera and once it is in the center press the trigger twice. This will allow the camera to automatically go to the recenter position. If you want to go for the selfie mode, you need to press the trigger three times. To go back to the front mode, press the trigger again three times.
Press the trigger along with the record button and this will take you to the time lapse mode and slow motion mode. Pressing the trigger along with the shutter button will allow you to change to different photo modes. Press the trigger and hold it down and move the joystick to the right, which will change the orientation of the camera. This can be viewed on the LCD screen behind. Press the trigger and move the joystick upwards, this will allow you to zoom in and same way you can zoom out by moving the joystick down. The video and photo modes are set now. To take photos press the shutter button and to take videos press the record button. The K1 is very simple to use and easy to handle.
What is a pan mode?
Pan mode fixes the horizon of your shots. This ensures that your view is always constant.
What is follow mode?
Follow mode makes the camera move wherever you go without having to worry about any shaky videos.
How to use the Different Modes
– Firstly, press the menu button and then use the joystick to browse the different options. Here, the record button acts like the enter button and if you want to go back press the menu button.
– Let’s begin by understanding the video setting icon when you press the menu. As you click the video settings icon, it will take you to the various video settings that are available. You can choose from the different video settings. This includes normal, video mode, slow motion and time lapse.
– If you press the resolution tab you can choose from the different resolutions and the time per second depending on your requirement.
– Photo settings allow you to select the different photo options, which includes single, burst and time lapse. When you select the single mode, you have the option to choose the night mode and self timer option. If you choose burst mode, then you can take about 30 continuous photos
– Tuning mode is generally used by professionals. If you select the pro setting on, you can choose options from white balance, ISO and EV depending on your professional requirement. Even though this mode is designed for professionals, it is still recommended to use the REMOVU K1 gimbal without the tuning mode.
– The playback tab on the menu allows you to preview what you have recorded and delete the shots which you don’t like.
– In the camera setting, you will find a options, which include Wi-Fi, display, orientation, default mode, beep sounds, external mic volume, quick recorder, video format, date and time, SD card format, reset settings and information.
– If you select the Wi-Fi mode you can keep it on or off here. Enter your Wi-Fi ID and password here. This is needed to sync the K1 app for Android and iOS devices.
– The display mode of the REMOVU K1 gimbal allows you can setup and choose the screen saver and the screen display tag.
– In the on-screen display mode, you can setup to have all the LCD icons disappear for a fixed time.
– If you want to have a grid on your screen, then simply turn on the grid mode.
– Orientation mode allows you to move the camera upside down. This is similar to how you press the trigger and joystick to the right. This mode is crucial if you have to shoot at very low angles.
– The default mode allows you to select and choose the default mode, which is video mode or photo mode.
– The beep mode allows you to change the beeping sound or volume depending on how you like the volume. You can turn this off too if you don’t want any beep sounds.
– External microphone volume allows you to change the sound levels while recording, which ranges from high, normal and low.
– Video format has two options, which includes NTSC format for the US and PAL for Europe.
– Quick recording allows the REMOVU K1 gimbal to automatically record as soon as the device is turned on, so you don’t waste crucial recording time.
– The date and time mode allows you to change the date and time here.
– SD card format allows you to reformat and delete all the data from your card.
– Reset mode makes you reset everything in the camera except Wi-Fi, date and time.
– The Information mode allows you to check the firmware version.
– Gimbal setting tab has all the different gimbal modes like speed, inverted joystick, auto calibration and reset gimbal options.
– If you select speed, you can choose from the different speeds you want the gimbal to move from fast, normal and slow. It is advisable to choose slow speed for the gimbal to work best.
– Inverted joystick will swap the controls for your joystick. This feature can be helpful if you want to shoot upside down from a low angle, but ensure that your camera is in follow mode before you start recording.
– Auto calibration is performed when you see that your camera is tilted to the side. Before calibrating, place the K1 on a flat surface. Once calibrated, the K1 will be perfectly balanced. Restart the REMOVU K1 gimbal only when it is asked on the screen.
– Gimbal reset ensures you can process and initialize the gimbal settings.
– The K1 supports UHS-1 class or higher (U3 or 95mb/s) and the maximum size the SD card supports is 256GB. So make sure the SD card you purchase for your K1 meets the technical requirements for better results.
Hopefully, the above write-up will help you get a good understanding of the K1 review and K1 gimbal and how to use it for optimum results.